What is WordPress? WordPress is a free open source Content Management System (CMS) and blogging software which allows users to edit content (like Word) and post content to the internet. WordPress has quickly become one of the most popular content management systems because it provides so many benefits such as ease of use, a feature rich interface, and expandable open source. The core application is a free, open source solution. However, unlike many of its predecessors (such as Joomla or Drupal), WordPress keeps itself up to date with the latest web technological advances. It has many plugins that add functionality, including a rich text editor with advanced multimedia support. WordPress contintues to get better with the release of each new version. WordPress web design is really in demand these days, as there are unlimited benefits to using WordPress!
Is WordPress Only for Blogging? No! While WordPress was developed from blogging software by a team of professionals, it offers so much more! WordPress has become a full fledged content management system and is now used to make complete functional websites. WordPress is a great platform for all types of websites, including eCommerce sites, social media sites, etc.
What is the biggest advantage to a WordPress Site? WordPress websites are easy to use and master. The content management system allows users to easily control and update their content whenever needed. In addition, news, videos, blogs, testimonials and more can be added and edited in minutes!
What Main Benefits do WordPress Websites Offer?
- Easy Customization – You can change the look and color of your website with a few clicks. There is a simple editor which is easy to use, along with many different themes available.
- Enhanced SEO – To earn a better Google Rankings your site need to be optimized. You can optimize your website easily by adding tags to all your pages and posts. It is also very easy to update regularly, and Google loves new content! WordPress has clean coding which search engines love, too! For better performance of the website, WordPress allows you to install different plugins.
- Social Media – WordPress is fully compatible with all forms of social media including Facebook, Youtube and Twitter.
- Content Management – WordPress is always being updated! If you want to add a new section, page, post, to your website, you can easily do it in a couple of clicks. Want a site that can expand and change with your business, this is it! This saves loads of time and money.
- Integration – Newsletters, online payment systems, social media, contact forms, E-commerce, WordPress has a plug-in for all those, and many many more.
Multiple page layouts (home, archives, single column, etc.)
What Are Standard WordPress Features?
Themes – Themes are a look & feel that can be changed with 1 click! With customization, themes can be updated to match your brand. They provide more than just a pretty color:
- Photoshop files (to be edited to match your brand)
- Widget Ready with custom widgets (blocks of extra functionality)
- Ad Monetization (strategic place holders that you can use to sell ad space or promote your own products)
Pages (Static Content) – Pages allow you to manage non-blog content easily, so for example you could have a static “About Us” page that you manage through WordPress.
Posts (Blog Content) – Content that is presented as latest entry first, organized into archives automatically. Businesses can use this to present latest news or product updates.
Plugins – There are literally hundreds of plugins that extend what WordPress does, so the actual functionality is nearly limitless. Favorite plugins include Twitter integration, eCommerce solutions, Membership management platforms and advanced photo galleries.
Widgets – Blocks of content and mini interactive features that can be easily added to the sides or bottom of your template.
Comments – Visitors to your site can leave comments on individual entries, and through Trackback or Pingback can comment on their own site. You can enable or disable comments on a per-post basis. Spam Protection – WordPress comes with very robust tools such as an integrated blacklist and open proxy checker to manage and eliminate comment spam on your blog, and there is also a variety of plugins that can take this functionality a step further.
User Registration – WordPress offers a built-in user registration system that can allow people to register and maintain profiles and leave comments on your blog. This feature can be turned on or off.
Intelligent Text Formatting Unlike text editors in other content management systems, the WordPress text editor intelligently avoids places where you already have breaks and block-level HTML tags, so you can leave it on without worrying about it breaking your code.
Multiple authors WordPress’ highly advanced user system allows up to 10 levels of users, with different levels having different (and configurable) privileges with regard to publishing, editing, options, and other users.
Why Should I Choose Empire to Help with My WordPress Site?
Custom Layout Design – We can design a professional website template that integrates functionality with branding. Our experienced team of designers can help set your business apart from the competition!
Experience – We have years of experience working with WordPress sites, so we can work with you to identify and install the plugins that will provide the features to meet your website needs. This will save you valuable time!
Application Development – Custom WordPress application development is one of our niches. Call us today at 281-486-8882 to learn more!